Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
City of Maize "Where Community Counts"
  • Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)

Alert COVID-19 City Information:

Maize City Hall lobby is open to the public from 8AM-5PM Monday through Friday excluding holidays.  In addition, staff can be reached and transactions can be made online here or by email to or by phone at 316-722-7561.  Persons needing to make water payments or court payments are encouraged to place the payment in the drop box outside City Hall, mail them to City Hall or pay them online. The City of Maize charges a 3% fee for all credit & debit card transactions.

The public is advised to monitor this webpage and the city's Facebook page for information regarding COVID-19 as it relates to the city of Maize.  For information related to Coronavirus in Sedgwick County, please visit

City Park: The Park, Playground Equipment and Community Building rentals are open.   Please be advised that the equipment is not sanitized.

Building Permit Applications can be found online and need to be emailed to or faxed to City Hall at (316) 722-0346.

Maize Municipal Court is now offering in-person hearings. If you are scheduled for an in-person hearing please know that once you get here you will need to call 316-425-3357 to check-in. Once you check-in you will be instructed to wait in your car until we call you to come in.

If you cannot make it to your in-person court date Maize Municipal Court is now offering Virtual Court hearings with the Judge or Prosecutor via internet. Hearings can be scheduled with an email request to prior to your scheduled in-person hearing. Participants will need internet access, a computer or mobile device with a camera and microphone. The Court will make reasonable accommodations for those individuals who are in vulnerable populations and who require an accommodation for court proceedings.

Those with pending court cases will be notified and provided either a new appearance date or the opportunity to participate in Virtual Court. Court staff can be reached at (316) 722-8736 or if you have any questions or concerns.

The Police Department continues to provide all essential law enforcement services to the public. Individuals needing to make a Police Report should call 9-1-1.  

The Sedgwick County Health Department, Kansas Department of Health and Environment (KDHE) and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) websites have resources and guidance on how to stay safe and help reduce the spread of the virus.  Please take the necessary precautions to protect yourself and our community.

We will continue to monitor the situation and will update you as things change.

  • Persons needing to make water payments or court payments are encouraged to place the payment in the drop box outside City Hall, mail them to City Hall or pay them online.
  • Brush Drop-Off is still occurring.

For on-going up-to-date information about COVID-19, please visit the following websites:

Have questions about COVID-19?  Call 2-1-1 for nurse/medical hotline.

Feeling depressed, scared, anxious or suicidal?  Call the Sedgwick County COMCARE Community Crises Center at (316) 660-7500.

Have questions regarding unemployment?  Visit the Kansas Department of Labor Website.

U.S. Small Business Administration Coronavirus Relief Options

City of Maize
Through the integration of its population into every aspect of quality education, civic improvements, community appearance, commerce and recreation, Maize shall preserve its small town atmosphere and become the best small city in Kansas.

"Where Community Counts"

10100 W Grady Ave. ∙  P.O. Box 245 ∙ Maize, KS 67101
p:  (316) 722-7561 ∙  f:  (316) 722-0346